After a few days of writing and editing, I’m finally finished my 101 list. My goal is to check everything off of this list by August 13, 2016 (about 2.75 years). I think I can do it…well, I’m at least going to try…some of the things are definitely going to be a stretch, but what’s a challenge if it doesn’t make you sweat. When I complete a challenge, I’ll check it off and write about the experience. I’m excited…if you want to join me on any of my list adventures, let me know. Here it is…
Things to Do/Personal Challenges
Finish writing my 101 list…this is hard stuff! – Completed 11/16/2013
2. Complete photography CE certificate requirements.
3. Watch the 1st season of Scandal.
4. Write 5 letters to 5 people who have had a positive impact on my life. – 1 of 5 completed
5. Organize my computer files.
6. Organize my iTunes library.
7. Make a list of my fears and what I can do to face and defeat them.
8. Make a list of what is important to me in a relationship. – Completed 12/5/2013
9. Complete a 30 day photo challenge.
10. Attend a summer fireworks show. (This is by far the most challenging item on the list.)
11. Make an address book with contact information for family and friends.
12. Go speed dating in DC.
13. Subscribe to Real Simple magazine.
14. Go to Morgan’s Homecoming Gala.
15. Go to Morgan’s Homecoming game.
16. Write on my blog weekly for 52 consecutive weeks. – In progress
17. Get to work by 8 am every day for an entire month.
18. Go without watching TV for one week.
19. Go whitewater rafting.
20. Bike round trip from Baltimore to Annapolis.
Personal Growth and Enrichment
21. Read 10 books I currently own but have not read.
22. Write a living will.
23. Write a letter to open in 1,001 days. – Completed 11/19/2013
24. Writer a letter to open when I’m 40.
25. Write a Personal Mission Statement.
26. Go away for a personal silent retreat. – Completed 5/6/2014
27. Write in my journal for 30 consecutive days.
28. Write a letter of forgiveness to those people who have hurt me in my past…won’t send it, but will write it.
29. Get my CPR certification.
30. Go on a vacation (maybe a camping trip) with my immediate family.
31. Have lunch with my Dad.
32. Take a photography workshop with my brother.
33. Go on a spa day with my sister-in-law.
34. Go to tea with my mother.
35. Spend a day with my oldest nephew.
36. Go on a movie date with my middle nephew.
37. Bake holiday cookies with Kim.
38. Go to Ebenezer’s Coffeehouse with Pastor Ann.
39. Go on a weekend ski/snow tubing trip with friends.
40. Fix and have dinner with my grandmother and great-aunts. – Completed Mother’s Day 2014
41. Host a dinner party for my church “mothers”.
42. Complete a 5K (walking or running) with Ronnie to celebrate her weight loss journey.
43. Visit my aunt for a weekend in NC.
44. Send Sentell a care package. (This may be mission impossible!)
Faith and Spirituality
45. Complete a Daniel Fast.
46. Read the Bible in its entirety.
47. Create a prayer and meditation space in my home.
Apply to seminary. – Completed 6/23/2014
49. Take golf lessons.
Take tennis lessons. – Completed 6/2014
51. Take swimming lessons.
52. Take a guitar class.
53. Take a piano class.
54. Take a cooking class.
55. Take 3 photography courses. – “Shooting in the Dark” (February 2014)
56. Learn how to make vegetable beef soup.
57. Learn to hand dance.
Health and Fitness
58. Run 30 miles in 30 days. – In progress
59. Complete a 10K race.
60. Lose 25 pounds.
61. Go rock wall climbing.
62. Run in the St. Michael’s Running Festival.
63. Bike a century.
64. Complete a sprint triathlon.
65. Complete a 50 push-up challenge.
66. Complete a plank challenge.
67. Consume zero cookies for an entire month.
68. Document my meal choices for 30 consecutive days.
Things to Own
69. Upgrade my dSLR.
70. Buy prime lens.
71. Buy a new TV…the tube TV has been out of style for some time now!
72. Buy a new bed.
Buy a dresser for my bedroom…I think it will help with organization. – Completed 5/2014
74. Buy a new nightstand.
75. Buy a desk. Completed…January ??, 2014
76. Buy a new iron and ironing board.
77. Buy new lamps for my bedroom and living room.
78. Buy my first home.
79. Pay off my car.
80. Save 10% of my annual salary.
Things to Do at Home
81. Organize my filing cabinet.
82. Create a weekly cleaning schedule. – Completed…can’t remember date!
83. Finish decorating my bedroom.
84. Make my bed every day for 30 consecutive days.
85. Create an office space in my home. – In progress
86. Frame and hang my artwork from Nigeria.
87. Frame and hang some of my own photos.
Places to Visit
88. Go on a European vacation.
89. Go on a cruise.
90. Go to New York during the Christmas season and see the Christmas Show at Radio City Music Hall.
91. Take a trip to Canada.
92. Go to the US Open…I love tennis!
93. Attend the Martha’s Vineyard African-American Film Festival.
94. Spend an afternoon in St. Michael’s.
95. Spend a weekend as a tourist in DC. – Completed 5/3/2014
96. Go on a missions trip.
97. Organize a scholarship fund to give a book scholarship to at least 1 high school senior annually.
98. Donate books to a school/organization.
99. Volunteer for Habitat for Humanity.
100. Volunteer at a soup kitchen.
101. Join the Pratt Contemporaries.