A few years back I wrote a 101 in 1,0001 list. I got the idea from my cousin Tiffany, and found that it was really helpful in pushing me to do some things that otherwise may fall off the radar screen. So, for the past month, I’ve been slowly working on my new list. There are some things that I never managed to check off of my old list that I’ve recycled, along with some new things. I’m looking forward to another leg in my life journey….there are lots of great things out there to do, if we’ll just set aside the time to do them!
This journey began on June 1, 2017 and I’m hoping to check everything off the list by February 27, 2020!
Things to Do/Personal Challenges
- Finish writing my new 101 list…I don’t think it will be so hard this time! – Completed 7/7/2017
- Complete photography CE certificate requirements.
- Finish watching Dear White People.
- Write 5 letters to 5 people who have had a positive impact on my life. (6/19/2017: 1 of 5 written and sent.)
- Organize my computer files.
- Organize my iTunes library.
- Make a list of my fears and what I can do to face and defeat them.
- Complete a 30-day photo challenge.
- Make an address book with contact information for family and friends.
- Go to Morgan’s Homecoming Gala.
- Launch new website. – In Progress…Coming Real Soon!!!
- Write and publish a book of devotions.
- Write on my blog weekly for 52 consecutive weeks.
- Get to work by 8 am every day for an entire month.
- Go without watching TV for one week.
- Bike round trip from Baltimore to Annapolis.
- Go to Top Golf.
- Play a round of golf on a course
- Plant a garden.
- Make a batch of homemade soap.
- Make a batch of bath salts.
- Attend PlantNite.
- Visit the Newseum.
- Visit the National Museum of African American History and Culture.
- Host a dinner party for friends.
- Host Thanksgiving dinner for family and friends.
- Host Family Christmas Party.
- Attend the Rehoboth Beach Jazz Festival.
- Start or participate in a MasterMind Group.
Personal Growth and Enrichment
- Finish reading 10 books I currently own but have not read in their entirety. (6/19/2017: Read 1 of 10)
- Write a living will.
- Write a letter to open at the end of the 1,001 days challenge.
- Write a letter to open when I’m 40.
- Write a Personal Mission Statement.
- Identify my core/guiding values and display these in my home.
- Write in my journal for 30 consecutive days.
- Write a letter of forgiveness to those people who have hurt me in my past…won’t send it, but will write it.
- Go on a vacation(maybe a camping trip) with my immediate family.
- Have lunch with my Dad.
- Take a photography workshop with my brother.
- Go on a spa day with my sister-in-law.
- Go to tea with my mother.
- Spend a day with my oldest nephew.
- Go on a movie date with my middle and youngest nephew.
- Bake holiday cookies with Kim.
- Go to Ebenezer’s Coffeehouse with Pastor Ann.
- Go on a weekend ski/snow tubing trip with friends.
- Complete a 5K (walking or running) with Ronnie to celebrate her weight loss journey.
Faith and Spirituality
- Read the Bible in its entirety.
- Create a prayer and meditation space in my home.
- Complete seminary (or get very close).
- Take swimming lessons.
- Take a guitar class.
- Take a piano class.
- Take a cooking class.
- Take 3 photography courses.
- Learn to hand dance.
- Take an Intermediate WordPress course.
- Attend Global Leadership Summit.
Health and Fitness
- Complete the Whole Life Challenge.
- Run/walk 30 miles in 30 days.
- Complete a 10K race.
- Lose 25 pounds.
- Go rock wall climbing.
- Run in the St. Michael’s Running Festival.
- Bike a century.
- Complete a sprint triathlon.
- Complete a 50 push-up challenge.
- Complete a plank challenge.
- Consume zero cookies for an entire month.
- Document my meal choices for 30 consecutive days.
Things to Own
- Upgrade my dSLR.
- Buy prime lens.
- Buy new lamps for my bedroom and living room.
- Buy my first home.
- Buy a new laptop.
- Buy a new pair of sunglasses. – Completed July 3, 2017
- Pay off my car.
- Save 10% of my annual salary.
Things to Do at Home
- Organize my filing cabinet.
- Create a weekly cleaning schedule.
- Finish decorating my bedroom.
- Make my bed every day for 30 consecutive days.
- Create a functional office space in my home.
- Frame and hang my artwork from Nigeria.
- Create an art gallery in my home that features my own creative works.
Places to Visit
- Go on a European vacation.
- Visit Western Maryland.
- Visit Great Falls Park.
- Go on a cruise.
- Go to New York during the Christmas season and see the Christmas Show at Radio City Music Hall.
- Take a trip to Canada.
- Take a trip to Albuquerque, NM.
- Go to the US Open…I love tennis!
- Attend the Martha’s Vineyard African-American Film Festival.
- Spend an afternoon in St. Michael’s.
- Spend a day in Old Town Alexandria.
- Take a trip to Bermuda.
- Take a beach vacation.
- Organize a scholarship fund to give a book scholarship to at least 1 high school senior annually.
- Donate books to a school/organization.